This website (Website) is provided by Epoq, Inc. ("EI"), whose office is at 275 E. Hillcrest Drive, Suite No. 160 officeBOX #247, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360.
Reference to our, us and we on the Website is a reference to EI.
By using the Website, you indicate that you accept the Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to the Conditions, please refrain from using the Website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy explains how we use any personal information we collect about you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
Notice concerning children: We require users to be at least 18 years of age. We do not intend for anyone under the age of 18 to use any of the features or services we offer from this Website, and we certainly do not direct any of our content specifically at children less than 18 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children's privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on this Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. Any calls that you make to our customer team may be recorded.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to this Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called 'cookies'.
These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you through:
- Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
- Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don't have to give the same information during one task
- Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don't need to enter it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
Users typically have the opportunity to set their browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website's features. Refer to your browser's Help section for specific guidance on how it allows you to manage cookies and how you may delete cookies you wish to remove from your computer.
Cookies can be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow website operators to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around a website when they are using it. This helps to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to a website. This enables website operators to personalise their content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to a website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Website operators use this information to make their websites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. This information may also be shared with third parties for this purpose.
A list of the cookies that may, from time to time, be used on this Website, other than strictly necessary cookies, is set out below. If you have any queries about these, or would like more information, please contact email@example.com.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately monitor the number of visitors to our Website and the volumes of usage.
|__utma||Random string||Google analytics||2 years|
|__utmb||Random string||Google analytics||30 minutes|
|__utmc||Random string||Google analytics||Deleted when browser is closed|
|__utmt||Random string||Google analytics||10 minutes|
|__utmz||Random string and source information||Google analytics||6 months|
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
If you want to opt out, download and install the add-on for your current web browser. The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on is available for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.
By using this Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others' products, services, or content;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- website analytics;
- to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer this Website and for internal operations, including training, business management, troubleshooting, data analysis, performance measurement, monitoring and testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep this Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of this Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). This combined information will not include information that can be used to identify any individual. We will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of your information
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Website functionality and Website optimization. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
When you click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites or applications, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorise us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we or any member of our group sells or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect our rights, property or safety and those of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored and processed in the UK in accordance with all EU data protection and privacy requirements.
The data that we collect from you may, in the future, be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. If we do this we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your data provides an adequate level of protection and specifically that the data is kept securely and only used for the purposes for which it was provided.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you believe that we are holding inaccurate information about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to correct any errors.
How to contact us
Updated September 22, 2015